[OZAPRS] APRS receiver setting

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri Nov 27 09:50:05 EST 2009

David,

I've always worked on 4khz for packet work.

When you're setting it up, make sure that you're not driving the audio
limiter/clipper hard enough to compress out the pre-emphasis. For
6dB/octave the transmitted signal should have the high tone about twice
the deviation of the low tone, say 4khz and 2khz. It's not quite twice
because of the 2200/1200Hz ratio being less than twice.

Ray vk2tv