[OZAPRS] XASTIR - maps

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Tue Nov 24 21:36:17 EST 2009

Hamish..

I am not sure if we are talking about AX25 libraries or Xastir packages now.

The issues Scott refered to with Image magic and Graphics magic are well
known with Xastir. All the recent debian packages for the buntus and Lenny
all fail with Raster maps and have issues. I would have thought you were
across this as you end up often with just a black box instead of a raster
map depending on the file type (gif or jpg). There are various wikis and
workarounds involving uninstalling IM and GM packages and then compiling
your own and even recompiling xastir. Currently Debian is in a bit of a mess
with these issues and xastir.
The number of posts on the xastir mailing list for this just keeps mounting.
It re-emerges periodically.
A easy way to get xastir going in xastir is to install LSB and run the
xastir LSB package for xastir but thats currently at v1.93.

Have a chat with Curt. There was talk about some mods in the source code to
check how IM was compiled (switches) as a work around. Maybee you can do a
work around . Currently its a real pain getting xastir going properly with
just about any debian system. Not an easy  apt-get install xastir anymore.

Tony  Hunt VK5AH  wavetel at internode.on.net