[OZAPRS] XASTIR - maps

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Thu Nov 19 07:30:15 EST 2009

Andrew,

If you want ax25 support in xastir you'll need libax25-dev. May I
suggest you consider installing the sources that are available from
F6BVP rather than mainstream. Bernard has been introducing patches over
a couple of years and some of these are not in mainstream versions. One
example of a patch (not Bernard's) that still isn't in mainstream is for
ax25ipd. According to a recent posting to Debian-Hams, the standard
sources still don't include the ability to use domain names rather than
ip addresses, despite the patched version being available for at least 5
years, and working faultlessly. Kind of important when dealing with
dynamic ip addresses. That patch came from Steve Frazer VK5ASF.

Bernard has
libax25 (libax25-dev is part of this source)
ax25-apps
ax25-tools

There's also a handy Howto for compiling them. It's included in the Fpac
mini-howto that's on his site.

If you install libax25-dev (and ax25-app, ax25-tools) from deb packages
they'll install in the wrong locations as far as xastir is concerned.
The packaged versions of xastir and the above install to /usr/sbin,
/usr/share/ and so on wheras compiled versions install to
usr/local/sbin, and so on.

Ray vk2tv