[OZAPRS] XASTIR - maps

Andrew Gilbett andrew.gilbett at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 14:42:02 EST 2009

Hi,

I am using XASTIR from the ubuntu repositories and I would like to get
the NSW maps going.
I have downloaded the maps from the APRS.net.au site (thanks for
posting those maps!) and put them in a new directory inside
/usr/share/xastir/maps .
Then I re indexed the maps and selected the correct folder from map
chooser. Here is where it all goes a bit off the rails because instead
of the map image a black square is displayed in the correct place that
I would expect the map to be.
This means that the new maps and georeference files have been found
and the image also found but not interpreted correctly.
Is there something else that I should do. I am also assuming that apt
has correctly installed the necessary dependencies.
I am running ubuntu 9.04 64bit.

Any help would be appreciated. If you need further info please just ask.

Thanks :-)
Andrew Gilbett
andrew.gilbett at gmail.com
VK2XAG