[OZAPRS] Sydney NW repeater

Mark Cheeseman mark at cheeseman.org
Thu Nov 12 12:55:21 EST 2009

Richard Murnane wrote:

> WICEN chose to use 145.200 instead of the "right" frequency to avoid
> any impact on normal APRS operators (or vice versa). It was the first
 > time we used APRS on the event (the Hawkesbury Canoe Classic), so
 > everyone thought it best not to tempt fate by using the same channel.

For those who are interested, we basically ran 3 full WIDEn-n digis to
give us saturation coverage of the Hawkesbury river: at Kurrajong,
Berowra and Wiseman's Ferry. But with considerable overlap between at
least two of the digis and the existing network, putting them on the
APRS channel would have caused a lot of unnecessary digi traffic for all
concerned.

> Peter Mudie ran an I-gate, so net control was able to monitor
> movements using http://aprs.fi

Actually, I ran that from my place, since I have a good path to all of
the digis, and didn't have to contend with a digi here as well.

-Mark VK2XGK