[OZAPRS] Tiny trak 4 help please

Paul Mullins pmullins at adam.com.au
Tue Nov 3 10:28:43 EST 2009

Hi all,
I am a very keen satellite operator, and just starting out in the world
of APRS love the idea and concept.
I am understanding that there are others that are using tinytrak4 units.
Has anybody played with the alpha version firmware and hooked up a lcd
screen, has anybody got it working?
Due to the so well written manual and software for the tracker version,
has anybody got that working correctly.
Mine is doing stupid things, have to program it via primary serial port
(yes I know) and also have to run the gps on the same port.
This makes it very hard to program the unit with the gps hard wired, any
ideas.
Whilst I am on my soap box, when the unit was in alpha it followed the
instructions to the letter and could not get it to decode a single
packet, same said for it in tracker mode.
Funny think is both TT4s' are doing the same thing I have even put one
into  kiss and ran software to monitor, and still no decodes, that unit
is connected to my icom  ic-821h.
I have is hooked up in the same fashion as I use the receiver for weak
signal decoding and eme.
I have tried 4 other types of radio all end up having the same problem
tx works find but no decode.
If some one has a working setup file for any of this I would love to see it.
Whilst I am making my self look stupid the TNC2 (mfj 1270b) that TXs'
and like normal no RX.

Hoping some one could set me straight, or I just throw it all in the bin.

cheers Paul

sorry about that, but been working on this for about 5 days now with
limited success lots of time read document of the web.