[OZAPRS] FT-7800R Ford BF install....

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Sun May 24 17:22:16 EST 2009

Is BF the one before the current model?  If yes then I run 50 watts FM and
APRS from the driver side (less trees to hit) of the bonnet.  No problems.
 I even ran 100 watts HF (40m) from the same point with a squid pole and
engine idling.  Again no problem.  Just Googled BF and it is the same as
mine.

Happy APRSing

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher                 \

ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au wrote on 24/05/2009 02:20:59 PM:

>     Hi All,
>
>    This has most likely already been covered and if it has, I do
> apologise.
>
>    However, I wish to install a FT-7800R into my BF Falcon.
>
>    I already have the antenna mounting bracket and the dual band
> antenna. The bracket is for the LHS front.
>
>    If I mount the antenna to the LHS front, will there be any
> interference with the vehicles computer (or anything else, for that
> matter).
>
>    Any help or advice would be extremely appreciated.
>
>    Best 73.
>
>    Rob
>
>    VK5FX

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.