[OZAPRS] Re: Ozaprs Digest, Tx

David and Justine Olsen davejust at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 31 20:52:20 EST 2009

Tony,

Thanks for that. I will get it running on the Mac eventually. I went
over to the Mac from PC APRS today because my PC did the PC thing,
but a system restore got it going.
So I am back with the PC, but my issue all day has been the Tx
interface. I've built a simple interface just to pull the PTT on the
IC703, a couple of resistors and diodes and a transistor, but I'll be
damned if I can get it to work. And just what all the component
actually do is beyond me because the net result is there is  a small
voltage out of the interface, connected to the PTT that goes to 0V
when transmitting, and yet it doesn't pull the PTT on the 703. I've
tried connecting to mic plug, and 13 pin socket, but no success. I
measure the voltage drop but the radio doesn't respond.

David