[OZAPRS] Contest SSB

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 29 06:50:01 EST 2009

Hi,
I have been listening around of late to find out why many data stations are
not being copied, both in NZ and in VK
I have come to the conclusion that there are not enough HF data stations in
the given band segments.

This morning I heard YT8A working contest phone 7036.5 at times 5 / 9 + 10 @
7.30 NZT also VK9LA was running hot
on 7.030.00, F5BZB on 7035.2 with splatter up to 7037.0

While these segments are allocated by gentleman's agreements ( they are here
in NZ as recommended usage by NZART )
if we don't populate these sections they will be over run with SSB phone. VK
have similar plans to ours

Either we place more stations in these sections or we increase our beacon
times to at least show some presents in the segments or increase our TX
power or do we say stuff it and leave it as it is ..

To date I haven't copied or heard a ZL on 40 mtrs yet I have copied a couple
of VKs off and on

73 Phillip
ZL2TZE

APRS HF Net Wednesday 19.30 Hrs NZT 3.650.00 +/- QRM