[OZAPRS] Re: Foundation calls gentle reminder

Hamish Moffatt hamish-yahoo at cloud.net.au
Wed Mar 18 20:59:14 EST 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 09:29:34AM +0100, Mike Zwingl oe3mzc wrote:
> just a quick input from an outsider (European):
> we have recently abolished ALL LIMITATIONS ON MODES in amateur radio
> legislation here.
>
> So entry-level liceces are just limited in frequency bands and power
> and they are not supposed to build a transmitter on their own,
> but beside this, every area for experiments is open to them.

In Australia it is all by bandwidth for advanced and standard licenses,
only the foundation license has mode restrictions.

Specifically it allows only:
80m, 40m, 15m: 200HA1A (CW), 8KA3E (AM voice), 4KJ3E (SSB voice);
10m, 2m, 70cm: the same, plus 16KF3E and 16KG3E (FM voice).

Other licenses are allowed any mode up to 8kHz up to and including 12m,
16kHz on 10m, 100kHz on 6m and 2m, and anything at all above that.

This is a lot more relaxed than the previous regulations which had
sub-bands on 2m, mode restrictions etc.

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legislation/LegislativeInstrumentCompilation1.nsf/0/9168262D74768FF4CA2573F4001D64F4/$file/AmateurLicence.pdf

Hamish