[OZAPRS] Problem getting Tinytrak 3 going

Mark Cheeseman mark at cheeseman.org
Thu Jul 2 23:24:54 EST 2009

Richard Murnane wrote:
> Is the "channel busy" LED on? It won't beacon positions until the
> channel is clear. For some reason, the first two beacons seem to get
> sent regardless of the channel state (on my unit anyway).

No, there's no channel busy light. Based on Peter's comment, I turned
off smart beaconing, and now it's keying the transmitter, but still
nothing showing up on aprs.fi. I can hear my packets going out on the
other 2m rig in the car, but perhaps I'm overdriving it. I'll have to
check the devation.

Another interesting thing, is that with smart beaconing turned on, but
in the absence of either a GPS signal or valid fix (I haven't figured
out which yet), the TT seems to fall back to the fixed auto TX interval.
So it sends out the status text at 1/5 of that rate, rather than 1/5 of
the applicable rate as determined by smart beaconing. It seems that
smart beaconing just didn't detect me moving at all.

-Mark VK2XGK