[OZAPRS] 20 m freq

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Mon Jan 12 17:45:09 EST 2009

In a senior moment, which I am old enough to have, I took the bbs off
20m but forgot to remove the node. I thank vk4jrc for bringing this to
my attention as a result of connecting to my node.

Now for a question. Given that there will probably never be a heap of
aprs stations on 20m, what is the consensus of the list with regard to
having both aprs and bbs traffic on the 20m frequency.  Historically,
there isn't much (almost nil) bbs traffic but having a bbs there might
be of value to the outback traveller.

I accept that the purist might disagree with this idea, and it's
certainly not something I'd contemplate for 30m. However, for 20m it
might just be workable.

Constructive replies, please, and I'd especially like to hear from
potential outback travellers.

Ray vk2tv