[OZAPRS] HF APRS

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Sun Jan 4 08:58:03 EST 2009

Is there any reason why anyone can not gate from HF or VHF to the
internet?  i.e.  I have a 20m radio spare most of the time and connect it
via UI-View to the internet, but not to transmit?  I would assume the
duplicates would be ignored by the software?

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher

David and Justine Olsen <davejust at bigpond.net.au>
Sent by: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au
04/01/2009 07:47 AM
Please respond to
Australian APRS Users  <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>

Australian APRS Users <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
cc

Subject
Re: [OZAPRS] HF APRS

David

Ray has already been quite helpful. I am presently waiting for a
Tinytrack 4 to arrive before I can do some testing.
I live in Kelso on acreage near the turf farms.
I've just passed my standard call, so awaiting callsign. Currently
VK4FOLO perhaps will be VK4MDX.

David

On 3 Jan 2009, at 06:15, David wrote:

> Hi David ....Ray VK2TV has recently put a hf aprs gate on 14105.09
> at his site in Kempsy....
> vk2tv at exemail.com.au    is his e-mail address....he runs a 30m hf
> gate as well as a vhf gate.....he would be able to give you some
> help if needed....
>
> i live in the suburb of Black River and have a vhf setup....any
> mobile coming in from the North with aprs on vhf is usually seen by
> my system and i send it from RF to the Internet
>
> what part of Townsville do you live in and what is you callsign....
>
> 73 David VK4BDJ
>

> David and Justine Olsen wrote:
>> I believe 14109, someone will correct me if I am wrong
>>

>> On 2 Jan 2009, at 20:50, Samantha Scafe wrote:
>>
>>> freq?
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "David and Justine Olsen"
>>> <davejust at bigpond.net.au>

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.