[OZAPRS] To Run UI-View with a GPS on my laptop?

Richard Murnane Richard.Murnane at internode.on.net
Wed Feb 11 22:22:01 EST 2009

Hi Rob, et al,

If the red light is flashing, that suggests that the GPS is getting
power (whether it's *enough* power is open to question.)

As for UI-View, I don't think it will show the cross hairs until you
get a valid satellite fix.

Then of course, there's the issue of what COM port the USB bridge is
mapped to. As Rob says, you can use Device Manager to set the actual
port number.

Another thing you would probably want to do is Action -> Show GPS
input, which will verify if UI-View is seeing any data from the GPS,
whether you have a fix or not.

Hope that helps.

73 Richard VK2SKY