[OZAPRS] Proposed around Aus Trip

Brian Beamish dinkum at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 10 09:57:54 EST 2009

Very interested in reading the OZAPRS emails received this morning specially
with mention of the coverage of the 30m HF Gateways as we are just starting
to plan for a four to five month around Australia trip leaving the second
weekend in May next year doing the "Grey Nomad" thing I guess.

As long as the gear keeps working we will virtually be on 30m all the time
although when passing through areas where 2m digi's may exist we may move to
2m for a short periods.

We wanted to take six months the other couple travelling with us
unfortunately do not have that time. Whilst we are set up, if necessary, to
leave our camper trailer in a secured area and take easier "Off Road" tracks
the others using a conventional car cannot so largely we will be sticking to
main roads which really these days and with the time constraints we are
quite happy with.

Hopefully by the time we go there will be a a couple more 30m HF gateways to
further that excellent coverage that already exits there.

73 Brian VK4BBS