[OZAPRS] Vertex New FTM 350 Aprs rig

Tim Ahpee tim at ahpee.org
Mon Aug 24 07:35:34 EST 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 09:52:38PM +1000, Damien Gardner Jnr wrote:
> My old VR, and my current VTii die in the arse if you hit transmit
> with a transceiver in the front of the car, and my VTii, and the
> missus' VYii, the tacho drops to 0, and the cruise control drops
> out, if the antenna isn't tuned in when you transmit on HF..

I had a problem last year with my Prado where each time the HF APRS
transmitted it would cause the climate control to go haywire. Ray Wells,
VK3TV suggested getting earthing braid straps and bonding the chassis to
the body to the bonnet to anything else that is floating.  I have to
admit that I was sceptical at first but It sorted it a treat.

But do late model Commodores even have a chassis? :-)

Cheers,
Tim
VK3EF