[OZAPRS] Vertex New FTM 350 Aprs rig

James Cameron vk2lqz at wia.org.au
Sun Aug 23 19:15:08 EST 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 07:07:52PM +1000, Damien Gardner Jnr wrote:
> [...] or does it look like the mic is connected into the
> base rather than the head? What's the point of a remote-head
> transceiver if the mic plugs into the base unit?

Seems normal to me.  IC-208H does the same, see attached snapshot of
page 1 of the instruction manual.

For mobile use, the base unit would be placed near the microphone hook
position, and the head would be placed in the human visual field.

Extending the microphone cable would be the next thing to do.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/