[OZAPRS] New to both Linux and Xastir. Having trouble gettingthe maps into the maps dir

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Mon Apr 13 09:42:44 EST 2009

Dave,

(Going slightly OT here)

I have had this problem where root cannot read files - they were indeed set
with 000 as the permission, but also had another attribute set (chattr) - I
can't recall which one, but it is certainly possible to make a file
unreadable to root.  Root can however reset the attributes and permissions,
if you know which attribute is set :-)

This was found during investigation of a r00tkit on one of our boxes.  We
tend to learn a lot when tracing what has been done by the evil script
kiddies ;-)

Even so, it's not really something that can be inherited from a download -
it needs to be intentionally set that way.

Geoff