[OZAPRS] New to both Linux and Xastir. Having trouble gettingthe maps into the maps dir

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Mon Apr 13 09:06:54 EST 2009

Thanks Ray,

I now have the files in the correct 'xastir/map' directory done as Root
super user (Thanks Paul).  Permission is reported as " RW -R-R"

Just trying to get them displayed now.  I still have the single line Aus
map showing.  Wish me luck!

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher

Ray Wells <vk2tv at exemail.com.au>
Sent by: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au
13/04/2009 08:50 AM
Please respond to
Australian APRS Users  <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>

Australian APRS Users <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
cc

Subject
Re: [OZAPRS] New to both Linux and Xastir. Having trouble       gettingthe
maps into the maps dir

Shaun,

You may find those files have been downloaded with no permissions at all
- 000 - so you can't even read them, not even as root.. Change the
permissions on the files so that users have read permissions. I use 640
on the jpg and 644 on the geo. cd to where the files are located and, as
root, do chmod 640 *.jpg, and chmod 644 *.geo

You don't need the inf files for Linux, as I'm sure you're aware, but I
keep them with the jpg's in case I need to regenerate a geo file

There's also an instruction in the xastir docs about setting permissions
on directories, but don't ask me where it is.

Ray vk2tv

Shaun Pitcher wrote:
> Hello and happy Easter,
>
> Sorry for what is probably a simple question, however for the life of me
> can not work out how to copy the map files into the share/xastir/maps
> directory.  Access is denied.
>
> Many thanks
>

> Regards,
> Shaun Pitcher               VK2XPP

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.