[OZAPRS] Aust APRS server errors

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Sun Apr 5 15:05:08 EST 2009

It's bandwidth throttling module that we installed a couple of weeks back.
We had one or two IP addresses originating in China opening up 20
simultaneous sessions to the box to grab every ISO from the vk5.aprs.net.au
site, which left the server with zero resources to service web requests to
ANY of the sites we host.

The filter is set to only block the most aggressive downloads.

Regards,
Geoff  VK2XJG