[OZAPRS] 40m good but wierd

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Fri Apr 3 20:28:23 EST 2009

Well in about the last 24 hours 40m seems to have proved good. As opposed to
about 5-6 days on 20m this last week. 40m seems better now than it was this
time last week. This is possible becuase my noise levels seem to have
dropped also.

Within a couple of hours I heard about 4 stations regularly last night. Ive
also noticed some RTTY spot on our channel . Maybee some of you are playing
sound cards with RTTY as well.

So far Ive heard on AX25 APRS in no particular order
VK2KCM-4
VK7HSE-2
VK5EX-4
VK2XGJ-15
ZL3RX
VK3JFK-5

Interestingly nothing from VK4 and I notice that they are hearing stuff that
Ive never seen yet also like VK2SLM possibly because hes 400 Hz High by the
looks. Its almost like we are on different frequencies or planets to the
VK4s etc ..

But alas we must be on the same frequencies because your seeing the same
stuff I am seeing from VK2 and ZL arent you ?? Its wierd because I am seeing
ZL3RX but VK4JRC was seeing ZL3RX-4 .. Yet VK4JRC is seing me .. Odd stuff.

Tony Hunt  VK5AH