[OZAPRS] WXSVR-AU Coastal Forecast Areas now available

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri Nov 28 18:17:09 EST 2008

Geoff,

Thanks for all the work you're putting in. You sought feedback so here goes.

I ended up deleting all of my shp files and any accompanying files, and
did a fresh installation with the files from your site to weed out any
operator induced problems. However, I have issues.

With my old files I had coastal wind warning icons but no filled areas.
The old files also showed a landmass warning boundary off the coast.

With the new files ....
there is no longer coastal wind warning icons
the landmass boundary is now the coastline
the eastern boundary of the North Coast maritime boundary (the one 60nm
offshore) is shown as a dashed line
coastal district weather warnings such as MNC_STS have their eastern
boundary about 20km out to sea (about where the zone boundary was shown
with the old files.

I can't rule out distribution specific issues because if I read David
correctly (we've been exchanging P emails) he isn't seeing these
problems. David uses (K)Ubuntu (Debian based) and I use vanilla Debian.

Ray vk2tv