[OZAPRS] WXSVR

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Thu Nov 27 13:14:40 EST 2008

Hi Tony,

NEP is indeed Northeast Pastoral, and it is listed.....
http://wxsvr.aprs.net.au/zones.php?sort=cwa

There are no LGA's as such that fall into the NEP forecast area, so there
isn't anything listed on the LGA page.

I have seen the ADL area trigger whilst I was testing - it's really only
SEVERE Wx events that the various BoM field offices publish.

If there is a WARNING current, then there should be a corresponding message
from WXSVR-AU.  There are some types of warning and some areas that have not
yet been mapped - for example

- Severe Weather and Severe Thunderstorms will work nationally
- Coastal Warnings only work in NSW/VIC/TAS at the moment, but the syntax
from BoM is so varied it's hard to make it work reliably
- Flood Warnings are being worked on

If the various IGates can be set up to handle the messages, if and when they
are sent they'll work :-)

Regards,
Geoff