[OZAPRS] Message Traffic and WX Alerts in Xastir

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Nov 22 18:39:24 EST 2008

Err, I don't know...

If the .dbfawk file is in the config directory then XASTIR will try to
match the list of fields in dbffinfo (contained within the .dbffile
itself)

If the .dbfawk file is in the same directory as the shapefiles then XASTIR
will try to match it by filename

So...

XASTIR complains that it cannot find a .dbfawk file, so neither of these
mechanisms are working.

My only suggestion is that the field names cannot be matched because in
the supplied .dbfawk files they are upper case, and in the Australian
shapefiles they are lower case.  You could copy the .dbfawk file and edit
the field names in all the places they appear (in dbffinfo, dbffields, and
at the bottom of the file where they are used).  If this is actually the
problem it would be better to re-release the shapefiles with capitalised
fieldnames, then it would actually Just Work!

Umm, let's find out what the actual problem is...

73,

On Sat, November 22, 2008 20:21, David wrote:
> Hi Andrew.....started Xastir in a terminal as you suggested...
> No DWFAWK signature for z_aus20no08.shp
> i presume that it would be in the /usr/local/share/xastir/config dir can i
> mod the US one or do i make a new one and how 73 David VK4BDJ
>

> Andrew Errington wrote:
>
>>> Where I'm at. The sample file nwsc_ddmmyy.dbfawk contains exactly the
>>>  same field sequence as c_aus20on08.dbf so I renamed it to
>>> c_aus20on08.dbfawk I did the same thing with z_aus20on08 and
>>> mz_aus13on08. The last two had extra fields which I removed as per