[OZAPRS] Re: New APRS Weather Warning service for Australia

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri Nov 21 14:41:48 EST 2008

After consultation with readme_maps I've concluded that the shp files
can belong in /.../maps or any subdirectory of your liking. I've left
them in /.../maps which is the same location as world.shp that ships
with xastir. The prj, shx and dbf files are in /.../maps/Counties. I
haven't broken anything with this course of action.

What I do find encouraging is that on the displayed map (most of
northern NSW (zoom of 4000) I see the Darling River in light blue. The
shire boundaries remain black. I've turned auto-fill off so that the
shire boundaries appear on top of the underlying topo map. I may have to
revise that thinking.

Ray vk2tv