[OZAPRS] Re: New APRS Weather Warning service for Australia

Scott Evans scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org
Fri Nov 21 14:10:47 EST 2008

Update on Xastir and shape files!

Hmm... me thinks I was missing something! what I have running (or now I
realise not running!) to have the shape file placed in
the /usr/local/share/xastir/maps results in the shape files being loaded
but no change in their colour when a warning goes out to air!

As Ray explained if you have the shape files in your maps directory you
get a pretty grey map with the counties/municipalities outlined in
black, this was the comment I meant when I said I had pretty maps! after
copying the file into the countries directory then I don't have any
pretty colours either... :( So I then decided to install them onto my
note book this has Ui-View32 installed and got it all set up nicely! now
I see what I should be seeing in Xastir! but sorry to report that they
don' t display as they do in Ui-View... still fidlin'

I'll report back if I make any further progress...

Scott Evans <scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org>
http://www.vk7hse.hobby-site.org/
PGP/GPG Key ID 74639624

your system manager.