[OZAPRS] WXSVR-AU - first changes

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Thu Nov 20 10:13:12 EST 2008

Hi all,

Things with the weather seem to have abated since last night, the number of
warnings has dropped nicely...

I will be making a couple of changes to the server today after last night's
onslaught.

- The Queensland South East Coast forecast area will be changed from SEC to
SEQ, as SEC conflicts with a special national code used in the USA

(They got all the Thunderstorm warnings for Brisbane gated to RF nationally)

This will involve an update to the shapefiles.  There will probably be
several updates to come, as we are still populating lat/lon centre posits
for use in objects - there are a LOT of entries to update, and I'm only
doing a few at a time :-)   so check back regularly for the latest shapes.

I have also created a new mailing list specifically for WXSVR-AU
discussions, since I have a feeling there will be a lot of feedback on this
service.

If you are interested in the on-going development and support of this
service, please feel free to subscribe.

Regards,

Geoff

  _____