[OZAPRS] Re: New APRS Weather Warning service for Australia

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Sat Nov 22 06:28:37 EST 2008

Hi Warren,

Just my Friday Funny I suppose.  Glad you enjoyed it.

On another note, how do these alerts get to a mobile user. If you had a
laptop in the car all could be resolved on the screen, however are there
newer radios that will convert the message to text and sound an alarm it
the alert is for the area in which they are operating?

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher

"Warren VK3BYD" <vk3byd at wia.org.au>
Sent by: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au
21/11/2008 10:46 PM
Please respond to
Australian APRS Users  <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>

"Australian APRS Users" <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
cc

Subject
Re: [OZAPRS] Re: New APRS Weather Warning service for Australia

Hi Shaun,

That was well spotted.
But vk2rby-1 already ready has Sheep Alert (AKA Site Alert) installed.
Which how we saw the mains had failed at the digi site.

73
Warren.