[OZAPRS] Thank you

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Sat Nov 8 09:24:26 EST 2008

Gerard,

Messages are not transmitted via the satellites.

Only posit beacons from RF stations are gated INTO the APRS network -
nothing from the network is gated to RF on the satellite frequencies (or HF
for that matter)

To receive messaging you must be on the terrestrial VHF network in range of
an appropriately configured IGate.

Regards,
Geoff  VK2XJG