[OZAPRS] EasyRadio and the next generation of Packet radio

Rob Heyer vk2xic at yahoo.com.au
Sat May 31 14:42:09 EST 2008

Andrew,
  Hi, Rob VK2XIC the idea has merit and would be interested in hearing from you further.
  I would think a "PalmPilot"device with Linux as the platform to interface to the the system would be nice......

Andrew Rich <vk4tec at people.net.au> wrote:
  I would like to get names and callsigns in support of a proposal to put forward to the people that make easy radio.

For AUS$65 and AUS$90 you can get 19k2 data at 30 watts.

The only issue is, that at the moment they make these smart tranmistters on LIPD. (not really a proper ham freq)

I am attempting to get enough interest to get the manufacturer to meet us half way.

What do the easy modules do ?

1. 10mW 19k2 preamble bit swap, manchester encoding CRC 180 Byte payload
2. I am sending APRS position reports in 45 ms
3. I am sending APRS position reports once a second

I am heading for

1. Simple but effective data burst style tracking
2. LCD either LAPTOP or GPS Display of position.

Open Source ?

The Easy Radio modules are a Transciver as well. they double as a receive station.

I am not to the stage of smart digis that roll call and learn yet, but am thinking about it.

http://www.tech-software.net/

Andrew Rich VK4TEC

73's

Rob Heyer

IRLP VK2RMP Node No. 6018 (146.850 MHz)
EchoLink Node No. 114630
WIA

Eat Australian lamb a 1,000,000 Dingos can't be wrong !