[OZAPRS] VMware

Matt Howard MHoward at acaciapark.com.au
Thu May 8 12:58:10 EST 2008

I have been running VMware for a few years now.
I have a base MS 2003 server - severely cut down features and services - with vmware server on top.
Running small business server R2, linux firewall and some dev systems and weatehr/aprs systems.
Never had a problem with the clock though.
I use AVG sbs specifric antivirus for the SBS server, and clam everywhere else
The scripting tools allow me to suspend, make backup snapshots and do all sorts of maintenance features automatically in the middle of the night.
Just installed MS server 2008 and playing with the VM there, but it is very resource hungry and not friendly to a couple of the systems I have been running
so for now - free vmware server is for me.

cheers

matt
VK3XIL