[OZAPRS] linux, FEDORA

Rodney Mitchell rodney at melecom.com.au
Thu May 8 23:08:49 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 17:06 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 04:16:55PM +0930, Rodney Mitchell wrote:
> > Debian is certainly more idiot proof thus better for newbies perhaps?
>
> I never heard anyone call Debian more newbie-friendly than Fedora
> before! Maybe Ubuntu but not Debian.

Whoops, I meant Ubuntu...Debian, from what I've heard is more UNIX than
the rest?

> Ham packages in Fedora are probably third-party RPMs. Ham packages in
> Debian are party of the official Debian repository, constructed by hams
> like myself.
>
> Hamish
> --
> Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish at debian.org> <hamish at cloud.net.au>
> ____

Not sure about that...did you have a looky at the website I posted
earlier? It appears to me that the FEDORA community are doing their bit
with HAM programs too!?

Stick with what you know by all means but being on the LINUX SA mailing
list there are many gurus with many opinions and none warrant
dismissal...particularly if ...say a DEBIAN user may not know all about
a SOLARIS system, that's all I'm trying to say :)

73 de Rod.

Rodney Mitchell
Senior Technical Officer

Melecom
73 Fiveash Drive
Pasadena
South Australia     5042

www.melecom.com.au

VK5KFB

believed to be clean.
Supported by melecom with a Fedora server.