[OZAPRS] Packable Tracker

Rob Heyer vk2xic at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 6 22:00:43 EST 2008

Rodger,
  Hi, I'm Rob VK2XIC.
  I have been doing some work with APRS portable / bicycle. I have been trying to put every thing a lage lunch box, but have run into RF feed back etc.

  http://aprs.fi/?call=VK2XIC-4&mt=m&z=11&timerange=3600

  I like the http://aprs.fi site (URL).

  I have found that a rubber duck with 5 Watt H/H is not enough to deliver a good signal to the digipeter. In fact 1/4 Wave has not been much good either.....

  How have you got on with what you have done? I would be interested in seein g what you are doing, on the net....

  I have planned to make some changes to my equipment, I would let you know when I have things up and would be pleased if you could see if you could see me.

  Rob VK2XIC

vk7arn <vk7arn at bigpond.com> wrote:
  I'm building a "Track in a box" for use on foot or horseback, TinyTracker 3
Plus (bundled with Byonics GPS) and a Puxing PX777 in a sandwich box which I
picked up today rather than a much more expensive Pelican type case. The box is
ABS, weather sealed etc. I also have a BNC rubber ducky antenna supplied by the
Puxing supplier recommended in an earlier dialogue. What I'm after are ideas on
mounting the GPS and the radio antenna. I envisage the box being in a backpack
(on foot or horseback) with leads from it to somewhere. Any ideas appreciated.
The trackee may not be an APRS enthusiast so the rig needs to be user friendly
and light weight.

Cheers

Roger VK7ARN

73's

Rob Heyer

IRLP VK2RMP Node No. 6018 (146.850 MHz)
EchoLink Node No. 114630
WIA

Eat Australian lamb a 1,000,000 Dingos can't be wrong !