[OZAPRS] UNPROTO

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Mon Mar 31 19:08:13 EST 2008

Gday Jim,

There are a few different ways an APRS packet is formulated.

The APRS protocol can be in Standard mode, Compressed mode or Mic-E mode.

These three modes do different things to the 'To' field in the APRS
sentence.

UI-View supports all 3 modes for Rx and Standard and Compressed modes for
Tx.

You would need to read the APRS Specifications to get full details of the
protocol modes.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK