[OZAPRS] UNPROTO

Jim (VK4AJO) VK4AJO at aapt.net.au
Mon Mar 31 12:57:36 EST 2008

Good Morning/afternoon to All on the list,
Just wondering what part of the network looks at the address of an aprs
packet. What difference does it make if I send an unproto to aprs v
wide1-1,wide2-2 or to xyzxyz v wide1-1,wide2-2 . I just had a look at a
packet coming out of my tracker and it was addressed to RVT1R5. The TNC on
uiview is addressing to something else. I got a message from someone
"APRSS?" so I guess I must have sent an unproto to aprss and someone cares!
Thank you for any comments.
Cheers
Jim