[OZAPRS] Re: digipeated iss beacon

Ian Mills imills at awa.com.au
Thu Mar 13 10:08:06 EST 2008

Hi Martin,

I can see some of your beacons on the net via ARRIS:

2008-03-11 22:14:18 EST: VK6MJ-6>APRS,RS0ISS-4*,SGATE,WIDE,OF78WC,qAo,VK3JTM-5:!3153.27S/11551.18E` VK6MJ_SGATE_vk6mj at yahoo.com
2008-03-11 23:50:18 EST: VK6MJ-6>APRS,RS0ISS-4*,SGATE,WIDE,OF78WC,qAo,VK3JTM-5:!3153.27S/11551.18E` VK6MJ_SGATE_vk6mj at yahoo.com

This was from http://aprs.fi/ which I find to be better than findu

Cheers
Ian
vk2him

>Hi All
>
>  I am running an APRS Sgate here in VK6 using aprsd-2.2.5-15. All is
> working quite nicely with the exception of my own beacons when received
> back from  rs0iss-4. I have set the config file to allow my own
> beacons to be forwarded on to the net and this in fact happens. However
> they don't seem to go anywhere. I don't see them on ariss.net or
> findu.com. I notice Mike VK8ZMA who uses an earlier version aprsd-2.5.5-13 is
> successful in sending his beacons on to ariss.net etc. Would anyone know if
> this is a problem with the newer version of aprsd or is there perhaps a
> setting downstream on the net which needs to be set?
>
>  Any thoughts?
>
>  Cheers for now
>  Martin

AWA Limited