[OZAPRS] APRS VK3 Data

Richard rhoskin at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 12 08:53:10 EST 2008

Gday Mark,

The single character in the digi star icon represent the different
functions of the digipeater.

1 - Fill-in Digi (supports Wide1-1 only)
W - WICEN configured digi
E - European configuration that supports the old Relay,Wide and new
Wide1-1,Wide2-1
S - The new standard that only supports Wide1-1,Wide2-1

The E digi's are being phased out and replaced with the S digis.

There are 4 frequencies in use in VK3 for APRS;
10.1476MHz - National APRS HF channel (USB)
145.175MHz - National APRS VHF channel
145.200MHz - National WICEN Data channel (Used for WICEN only)
439.100MHz - National APRS UHF Channel (Used mainly in Melbourne)

The black diamond icon with an I in it represents an IGate on VHF or
UHF, if the black diamond has a G in it it's an HF Gate. The blue icons
with a ? are either packet traffic monitors or Info Kiosks.

SSID information can be found at http://www.aprs.net.au/aprs_ssid_guide.htm

I think that covers most of them.

Cheers
Richard