[OZAPRS] findu

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Tue Mar 11 20:55:58 EST 2008

Ian,

You didn't digi the RELAY...  Because you heard the beacon direct on RF your
system gated it. What you are seeing is the preserved path in the original
beacon.

Karl - You should use a path of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 in VK2 generally, however
given you are airborne that will definitely trigger a lot of digis :-)

Using just WIDE2-1 may not be enough if you happen to be on the 'far' side
of a digi's coverage area if there are no IGates served by that digi. Our
IGates in VK2 are positioned so that users are generally no more then 2 digi
hops from an IGate, but if you were in the midpoint region between IGates
WIDE2-1 wouldn't quite get you far enough.

I think if you use  WIDE2-2  you should be safe.  This will make sure that
you can still reach an IGate in 2 hops.

Regards,
Geoff  VK2XJG