[OZAPRS] VK2 Network Update

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Tue Mar 4 08:41:24 EST 2008

Folks,

A few updates on the VK2 network recently.

VK2RAO-1 on Mt Canobolas is now online.  Currently under 'test' it seems to
be giving very good results so far.

VK2HLT-1 is also under test, and will be installed on Square Knob, between
Leeton and Narrandera in the not too distant future.

This site will be running a SiteAlert to monitor the health of the site.

VK2CSU-1 in Wagga is currently operational, but the range of the digi is not
great.  The Wagga ARC are currently investigating several options to
relocate the digipeater, so we'll see what happens here.

VK2ZEN-1 currently has a small problem with its Rx, which appears to be
operating at reduced range.  The Newcastle IGate VK2ZEN-5 is hearing the
digi fine, and the digi is hearing the 'locals' OK, but the digi is not
hearing VK2RAG-1, which means that the IGate feed from Sydney is not being
seen in the Newcastle area at the moment.

Things are also progressing with VK2RTZ-1 at Mt Sugarloaf (Newcastle), with
the equipment being prepared and the digi firmware being configured for this
site.  Hopefully we'll see this digi appear on air this month, which will
then mean that the temporary digi at VK2ZEN-1 can be recovered and re-used.

VK2RGL-1 (Cabbage Tree) should also be up this month.  There have been a few
technical issues along the way, but now all we are waiting for is the
finalization of the license update for the site and the digi will be online.

Regards,

Geoff  VK2XJG