[OZAPRS] Re: Foundation Calls reminder

Scott Evans scottevans5 at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 23 12:44:40 EST 2008

Hello to all...

Um, I think that the interpretation of anyone running Ui-View on a PC
constitutes a amateur radio station has overlooked the software licence!
that is what governs the software usage However, if a foundation
licensee has requested a "Validation Number" then herein lies the
problem. Maybe it would be advisable inform the Distributors of
Validation Numbers, to not allow VKxFxxx calls a Validation Number! then
this way there is no way possible then their traffic would be gated onto
a RF network. There is nothing stopping anybody from viewing APRS
Traffic licenced or not it would also be a waste of time to try and
"Exclude" such (by way of Server/I-Gate filters) as there could also be
the potential to block a valid user!

So in my summery...

If a Foundation Licensee is breaching their respective "LCD" then a
friendly chat ought to resolve the issue! (after all aren't we a self
regulatory body?)

If a Foundation Licensee has acquired a Validation Number then they
should be informed of the "Potential to breach their respective LCD" if
it (the validation number) is used whilst connected to an APRS Internet
server.

73 de VK7HSE
--
Scott Evans <scottevans5 at bigpond.com>