[OZAPRS] Soundmodem

vk3xci vk3xci at aanet.com.au
Sun Jun 22 22:35:27 EST 2008

Good evening all,

Xastir V1.9.0 on Ubuntu 7.10

I'm trying to set up Thomas Sailer's userspace soundmodem, and I'm not
sure how to go about it. Confusion with the older kernel soundmodem
doesn't help either.

1st question...Do I have to set up any ax.25 stuff first?

2nd... ran soundcmodemconfig, it seems very basic, ( name:smodem1, mode:
soundcard, audio driver:/dev/dsp, ptt driver /dev/ttyS0)

3rd.. ran soundmodem in a terminal. got <sm[6141]:no channels configured>

made all the more frustrating cause I set up awgpe on ui-view in 10
minutes... sigh

Norm, vk3xci