[OZAPRS] Foundation Calls reminder

Ian ZL1VFO zl1vfo at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 15:23:55 EST 2008

>>OK, I'm a programmer as opposed to an APRS user, but is there no firewall
>>facility i.e. something like "/^VK\dF[A-Z]{3}/i REJECT" (which is a Perl
>>regex that matches any F-call)?

If you are an IGate which sends (selected) INet --> RF, you could try
sending a filter command to the INet server (Need to be connected to
port 14580 for this to work, and it's also case-sensitive)

filter p/VK2 -p/VK2F

for VK2 land or for all of VK,

filter p/VK -p/VK1F/VK2F/VK3F/VK4F/VK5F/VK6F/VK7F/VK8F/VK9F

The p/VK2 says pass all callsigns starting with VK2 and the -p/VK2F adds
the exclusion of any VK2F calls.

Should be good enough...?

Have a read on <http://f5vag.eu/filter_guide.html>

In fact, you can even send a msg to SERVER with the filter string, so
you don't even need to log off and back on again...

73s
Ian ZL1VFO