[OZAPRS] Foundation Calls reminder

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Mon Jun 23 07:36:00 EST 2008

If one could consider that an aprs station that receives data from the
internet and transmits that data onto RF is a repeater, the onus to
comply with licence conditions is on the licencee originating the signal
and not the repeater operator.

The following is from the LCD ....

8A Transmission on authorised frequency bands
(1) The licensee must not operate an amateur station to transmit a signal to
another amateur station, through an amateur repeater station, if the
licensee
is not authorised under the licence to transmit on the repeater output
of the
amateur repeater station.
(2) The licensee must not operate an amateur station to transmit a signal to
another amateur station, through an amateur repeater station linked to a
second amateur repeater station, if the licensee is not authorised under the
licence to use the repeater output of the second repeater station.
(3) The licensee must not operate an amateur station to transmit a
signal to a
second amateur station through a third amateur station if the licensee
is not
authorised under the licence to transmit on the third amateur station’s
transmit frequency.

Paragraph (3) is not about repeaters, per se. Could it be interpreted as
also including any unauthorised operation, be it frequency, mode, etc?
Should it be spelt out?

Perhaps the LCD still contains grey areas.

Ray vk2tv