[OZAPRS] Foundation Calls reminder

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Sun Jun 22 16:50:12 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Wells" <vk2tv at exemail.com.au>
> What will that do to valid callsign-ssid?
>
> The real answer is to convince offenders that they have licence conditions
> with which they are legally bound to comply. If the polite approach
> doesn't work, go to a higher authority.
>
> We shouldn't have to block offenders, we pay a licence fee to an authority
> with that power.

I have wondered that.. Why are we simply blocking offenders?  Yes, it's
great to have young'ens (like me!  well, kinda... Hard to say I'm still
young when I hit 30 this year :-p ) coming into AR, but if they're not going
to stay within their license conditions, and aren't heeding warnings from
fellow hams, we need to be reporting them to the ACA, so they can be hit
with the proverbial cluestick, and realise that if they want to do the
'cool' things like APRS, they need to do the extra work to get a higher
class license..?

Just my thoughts, anyway..

.. Says the guy who used to run a philips UHF CB into 9 co-phased 14-element
yagi's, to work the bernie UHF cb repeater from mt macedon ;) But that was
before I actually got my bum into gear and got my ham license..   Though
that 1x2" wood and copper welding wire contraption was a sight to behold!

--DG

--
Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust