[OZAPRS] Foundation Calls reminder

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Jun 22 15:41:19 EST 2008

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008, Geoff wrote:

> Just another friendly reminder that Foundation license holders (VKxFxxx)
> are NOT permitted to use APRS under their license conditions.

OK, I'm a programmer as opposed to an APRS user, but is there no firewall
facility i.e. something like "/^VK\dF[A-Z]{3}/i REJECT" (which is a Perl
regex that matches any F-call)?

> I'm not sure about other states, but in VK2 there seems to be more
> F-calls popping up on APRS lately.

When it comes to technology the local body was recto-cranially inverted
for ages, but they're slowly coming into the 21st century (giving the 20th
a miss along the way).

> Does anyone know VK2FIRE ????  If you do please remind them of the terms
> of their license.

Seems to be a Phillip from Westlakes.  A quick search reveals:

http://www.vkclassifieds.vkham.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=55768&query=retrieval

-- Dave