[OZAPRS] Foundation Calls reminder

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Sun Jun 22 10:51:44 EST 2008

All,

Just another friendly reminder that Foundation license holders (VKxFxxx) are
NOT permitted to use APRS under their license conditions.

I'm not sure about other states, but in VK2 there seems to be more F-calls
popping up on APRS lately.

Does anyone know VK2FIRE  ????    If you do please remind them of the terms
of their license.

We have no objection to these calls using APRS if they are connected into
the APRS-IS as an UNVERIFIED user (login pass -1), as their data will not
make it to the RF network.

Some F-Calls have already been added to the exclude lists on the national
servers to prevent traffic from these stations getting out to RF, and will
add any other F-call that breaches their license conditions as well, to
protect downstream I-Gates and Digipeater owners from any backlash about
gating users in breach of their license conditions.

Regards,

Geoff  VK2XJG