[OZAPRS] FW: Ubuntu Xastir Help

Peter Bye vk1nfi at netspace.net.au
Sun Jun 8 14:39:26 EST 2008

Firstly..

I am a complete newbie on Ubuntu and Xastir so any advice, can you please
put it into raw bone speak please.. hihi

I have just loaded Ubuntu 8.04 onto my Laptop cause I wanted something
different to play with.  Then I loaded Xastir, herin lies my problem.
I installed it using the Synaptic Package Manager, which seems to work fine.
Then I flashed it up, and tried to open the interface manager in order to
get things working, however, every time I try to open the manager (or pretty
much anything else for that matter) all I get is what is in the attached
screen print.  Anyone have any idea what is going on?  I cannot expand or
maximise that window at all.

Also, can someone tell me how to get Xastir as a desktop icon or into the
Applications menu?

Cheers

Pete VK1NFI / VK2MPJ