[OZAPRS] second.aprs.net.au / australia2.aprs2.net outage

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Mon Jun 2 19:54:41 EST 2008

Well that was one heck of a balls-up!

Fortunately, all but one of my servers were on the second floor, where power
has been restored, and everything is back online!

But that one...  Just happens to be second.aprs.net.au!  It's on the first
floor, where the under-floor power conduits were apparently melted beyond
repair, and which is going to be to be jury-rigged to generators until next
weekend when they should have repaired the cabling, and will take everything
offline for a few hours to switch back to proper supply.  It's estimated
that first-floor servers will be back in around 24 hours..

If you want to see how a 'world class' data centre handles customer
communication (yes i'm being sarcastic here..),
http://service-update.theplanet.com/ is a bit of a giggle when you compare
the timestamps with their promised eta's..

Regards,

Damien

(ready for sleep!!!)