[OZAPRS] RE. Making Contact

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Sat Jul 19 09:29:01 EST 2008

Hi Gerard,

VoiceAlert is only effective if you are in range of another station setup
the same way.  You will know when another VoiceAlert configured station is
in range when you hear their APRS packet (data audio) break through the
91.5Hz CTCSS tone on 145.175.

Driving between North Ryde and Penrith daily, the only stations that I have
heard with this capability are VK2HIM-9 and VK2TGB-6.

Simply including a voice frequency in your status text does not guarantee
anyone will call you on it, and isn't VoiceAlert :-)

Regards,
Geoff  VK2XJG