[OZAPRS] RE: Delayed traffic ? (Andrew Rich)

Damien Gardner Jnr (Home) rendrag at rendrag.net
Wed Jan 16 20:06:55 EST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au [mailto:ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au] On
Behalf Of Tony Hunt
>Yesterday afternoon I was playing around on the IS system with a
Ui-view
>machine that was only connected via the Net . I noticed some odd
anomalies
>with messaging. I was logged onto second.aprs.net.au and our local
Igate is
>logged onto first ..

Speaking of second.aprs.net.au...  Anyone have any ideas as to why on
earth javaprsd pushes the system load on a p4-2.4 with a gig of ram up
to 5 or 6, without a noticeable change in the number of connected users?
One minute it'll be happily sitting at 0.10 or so, and then a few
minutes later it'll jump to 5 and stay there for an hour, then come back
down..

Cheers,

Damien